Antiquity will be offering a 3 day AHERA building inspector course:
Dates: October 30th, 31st, Nov, 1
- Physical Characteristics of Asbestos
- Uses and Applications of Asbestos Containing Building Materials
- Health Effects/Medical Surveillance
- Sampling Protocols and Analytical Methodologies
- Provincial Regulations
- Specification Review
- Legal Considerations
- Insurance for the Building Inspector
- Safety Considerations
- Personal Protection
- Identification of Suspect ACM
- Assessing Suspect ACM
WorkSafe BC Requirements: Part 6 Substance Specific
The employer must ensure that a qualified person:
(a) Collects representative samples of the materials in the workplace that the Qualified Person suspects contain asbestos, and
(b) Determines whether each of the samples is asbestos-containing material.
If a qualified person suspects that an inaccessible material contain asbestos, the material must be treated as asbestos-containing
material unless a qualified person determines, in accordance with subsection (1)(b), that it is not asbestos-containing material.
The employer must also:
(a) Ensure that a qualified person prepares an inventory of all asbestos-Containing materials in the workplace,
(b) Keep the inventory at the workplace, and
(c) Keep the inventory current.