WorkSafeBC is implementing mandatory training for asbestos abatement workers to help keep you safe from the dangers of asbestos.
As of January 1, 2024, anyone doing asbestos abatement work in B.C. will need to have certification that they have completed this training from an approved training provider. All workers in British Columbia covered by the regulation must obtain their asbestos abatement certification by January 1, 2024 to continue working on any site where asbestos is present.
Asbestos abatement contractors, who must also be licensed by WorkSafeBC by January 1, 2024, need to ensure all of their workers are certified for the work they perform.
ANTIQUITY ENVIRONMENTAL CONSULTING LTD.
CERTIFIED ASBESTOS ABATEMENT TRAINING
YOU MUST BE CERTIFIED BY JANUARY 01, 2024
Some things can wait. But if you’re someone working with asbestos in British Columbia, your training and certification can’t wait.
- Asbestos exposure remains the number one killer of workers in B.C. To help keep workers safe, WorkSafeBC is implementing mandatory safety training.
- Start preparing for the future, because starting January 1, 2024, anyone performing asbestos abatement work MUST BE certified.
- As of January 1, 2024, asbestos abatement contractors must be licensed to operate in British Columbia.
- Take advantage of our early bird special that guarantees you a training spot before the year’s end and at a discounted price.
After successfully completing Antiquity Training Courses you will be issued an Antiquity Course completion certificate. Since Antiquity is an authorized WSBC training provider you will be eligible to write the WSBC’s exam proctored by Antiquity. Antiquity offers many opportunity dates to write the WSBC in person or online proctored exam.
Antiquity will proctor the wsbc exam in person or online exam. Once you successfully pass the WSBC exam (80%) a WSBC certificate will be issued to you (which will be valid for 3 years).
Secure your spot with our exclusive Early Bird Discounted Rates before prices increase in the New Year.
Register now for training sessions in October, November, or December 2023.
- Classes are available virtually online with live instructor followed by in person or online proctored WSBC exam
- Larger groups can book in person classes at our training center or at your place of work.
- Additional classes will be opened and announced as we continue to receive registrations and enrollments due to high demand.
- By registering today, you ensure your place in one of our sessions before the year’s end.
Any worker conducting asbestos abatement work in relation to a building must be certified, even in situations where a licence is not needed.
Asbestos abatement employers will need to ensure their workers are certified to the appropriate level. The level of certification required depends on the type of asbestos work being done:
* Level 1: Foundational Awareness — for anyone transporting and disposing of asbestos-containing waste
* Level 2: Asbestos Safety — for anyone conducting asbestos abatement work
* Level 3: Asbestos Safety Leader — for supervisors and others responsible for health and safety at asbestos abatement worksites
* Level S: Surveyor Safety — for asbestos surveyors
See Overview of certification levels<https://www.worksafebc.com/resources/health-safety/information-sheets/asbestos-abatement-training-overview-certification-levels?lang=en> for more details.
Only training from an approved training provider will qualify for WSBC certification and Licencing.